Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shiny Bald Head

Well, I've been in my hometown for a few days now and it has been pretty great! I think I have finally let me hair down a bit, after a crazy night (the night before) I left.

The Man was being super pissy. He was pissed that I was happy about my trip here. He felt like I just wanted to get away (from him). The truth is I thought this little break would be a GOOD thing, no lie. The thing I was NOT anticipating fighting about THAT TOO.

To be honest, I hit a wall...a BIG wall. I didn't feel bad for wanting a break. I didn't feel bad for wanting to NOT fight with someone CONSTANTLY. I didn't feel bad for wanting.. needing to see my family.

Maybe I am just tired...

My trip here so far has been back-to-back family. I met my sister's future hubs, who is a pretty amazing guy. He is super cute, super caring, and super PATIENT (with my sassy niece). The night I arrived Tiff introduced me to the future hubs' best friend, who is in the midst of a divorce. I think my sister was trying to play match-maker. This guy was freshly wounded and has a three-year-old. (For the record, I don't wanna fix anymore boys-- I'm too tired for that. AND I don't date boys with "baby's mama's"-just sayin') Anyhoozle; he had a lot of divorce questions for me... which was weird because I never imagined I would be the go-to girl for divorce advice....um, and he had a shiny bald head...equally weird...




Shiny Bald Head

On that note, I must tell you a disturbing statement my little one made on Thursday; I had her call her dad around 8:00pm to check on him and let him know she got in okay. He had an 8:30 outpatient surgery that morning. She told him she got in fine and asked how he was. Out of nowhere she asked, "Hey Dad, Are ya bald yet?"

I sort of gasped, and she looked at me weird. It was apparent, at that moment, that my child was completely clueless as to what exactly was and is going on with her dad.

On that note, I am completely unaware as well. I know he had a surgery. I know his parents flew in and his mom will be taking care of him. The thing I don't understand is WHY he won't tell me what's going on...I'm just scared. The only reason I followed him there after the divorce, was so that he could be close to Cierra and she to him. I feel like I deserve a bit more information... but maybe he feels differently....

2 comments:

  1. I saw J & his parents on Friday - we got together for Nanc's birthday - he actually mentioned the comment that C said about being bald and I think it really made him glad that C wasn't freaking out - he told the story of their conversation with a big smile on his face :)

    He has an appt on Wednesday morning - his parents will be flying back in and going to the appt with him - they still are the corniest parents, but I utterly respect how supportive they're being for their baby boy!! You can't help but love those characters...

    Jeremy told Shane last week that he wants me to shave his head before chemo - I told him that I'll bring him lots of food to keep him eating and I'll even force him to do some yoga DVDs to keep him zen - he doesn't look so hot (the incision on his neck was pretty big!) but he has such a great attitude - and I still think laughter is ALWAYS the best medicine for terrible shizz like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... good. Thank you for this. You two are truly good friends. His parents are corny, but truly good in all situations....

    ReplyDelete